Sunday, July 29, 2012

1st Missionary Experience: Letter

Sorry Ran out of time at library. So we set up an appointment with her in 2 days. And she is so excited she tells us I want your number just so you guys don't forget! Haha So when we go to teach we are thinking Gospel of  (symbol of something) Christ. So we start talking (we are at her house) about what she felt that night. And she starts telling us her feelings. She told us it was like Jesus touching her should and she could tell more then ever God loved her and her family. My Campanero and I smile huge! She starts asking, on the edge of her sit in a louder-excited ton of voice, you guys know what that is!?!?! Tell me I want to know! I smile huge and say yes that is what we planned to teach about. :) She is dying by this time. Her name is Betty she has 29 years, and 3 daughters April 16, LLuvia (rain in Spanish) 10, Mesia4. They were all in the lesson and we found out she has a husband.
  However, the lesson is following out and we are teaching to her needs and she is loving it. So so spiritual. So we are teaching and in the middle of it She asks. Hey where is your church? Invite me to your church!! (another symbol) We can come right? Why haven't you done that!?

  We are dying! Well we usually invite at the end of the lesson but us. Will you come to church with us on Sunday?
     So we keep going in the lesson. We teach about the Holy Ghost and (another symbol but this one we figured out was baptism) Asking her how it would be to be completely clean and have the guide of the spirit?! So I go to commit her to baptism but she keeps talking about how she is feeling right then and and stuff like that, So I finally ask her, Betty will you follow the example of Christ and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost by someone having the authority of God?
   Right as I stop right! She asks when!?!?! Ha oh my goodness! Usually they say yes or no or maybe or something to that effect. And when they say yes that is when you tell them when they hold the baptism service. But she was so excited she skipped the yes no part and went to the other!
    So I tell her August 19th. Then I am to ask her 16 and 10 year old. But, before I can she points to her daughter and says she told me a couple of months ago she would be baptized. She tells me ask my 2 girls. My youngest is to young right?!?! I am dying cuz the other times I committed people it was no. The new missionary "verdecito" gets to do all the invites to be baptized.
    So I asked the 16 year old and she said yes with a huge smile. Ha also the 4 and 10 year girls started playing in a small tiny pool at the end of the lesson so I committed A GIRL IN A POOL!! She said Yes! Haha I love the mission!
    They ended up not coming to church because they got a flat in their car and she didn't know how to change it. So she had a donut on that day and could drive far cuz it is far and we are in Mexico and the calles are rough!  But went back to see if she was alright and asked her to see if her husband wanted to, but he isn't interested but she said oh I don't care we are still in! :) Pray for them like crazy I know there is going to be bump in the road pray we can overcome them!!
    ... Hey look me up on google maps and you can see my apartment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment